Last week I wrote about the reasons why, in 1964, my five sons and I moved from Pennsylvania. Looking back, I wonder how I missed doing some things I should have done then, and how we ever got any further than Ohio. Let me explain. Just one month before we were to leave, I found out that I needed major “woman” surgery. There wasn’t any choice. In 1964 this operation was done much differently than today. Back then there were major incisions, today there aren’t. This meant that I couldn’t drive a car, but Don Jr. at 19 and Doug …
Ohio, here we come
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it