A new era begins this week for the Churchill County School District. Sandra Sheldon left her superintendent’s position in Washington state to tackle a new challenge: To be the educational leader of a school district that is trying to regain favor with Churchill County residents, and especially among the taxpayers who want to see the best for future generations. In our meetings with Sheldon, we feel the Board of Trustees picked the right person last spring to guide the CCSD and continue with the positive direction interim Superintendent Bus Scharmann ushered in during the 2012-2013 year. She’s energetic and has …
The Sheldon era begins at school district
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?