Solution to issues with education isn’t money Common Core is another example of how the federal government hampers the education of our children. Standards Common Core has for students is all about interpretation of text with not one standard for teaching kids to read. Reading is the most important skill we can teach our kids. Through reading they can learn to do anything. School districts are stuck on whole language which has been proven ineffective. Programs are required by the Feds, and our administrators and governor go along because the money given out with strings attached. By taking money, the …
Letters to the editor for Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts