Carson City’s effluent water users, including the golf courses, faced usage cuts earlier than ever this year, and the regular water supply has been tapped to help. “This year, for a variety of reasons, we ran out of water early,” said David Bruketta, city utility manager, speaking of the previously reclaimed and winter-stored supply. Reclaimed water now comes only from what gets treated at the wastewater plant, and the supply has had to be cut significantly for state prison farm land, city parks and the golf courses. Bruketta said Brunswick Canyon Reservoir’s reclaimed water stored up last winter reached such …
Carson City’s effluent water supply running out early
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts