Drug-related arrests kept the Carson City Sheriff’s Office busy last weekend. Two people were arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) Friday, followed by two more Saturday. A third arrest on the same count came Sunday, the same day a 19-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Smith Park for allegedly having heroin, marijuana, pills and drug paraphernalia. In the latter case, a park visitor called law enforcement to report he’d seen the woman and a man “huffing” a substance. The arresting deputy said the man had a can of “duster,” which is used to clean computer …
Addiction doesn’t just affect the user
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it