“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” In 2008, health care reform was one of the most hotly debated issues in the U.S. presidential campaign, in the primaries and the general election. Barack Obama said if he was elected, fixing health care would be one of his top four priorities. On Nov. 6, 2008, Obama was elected with 9.5 million more popular votes and 192 more electoral votes than John McCain. On March 5, 2009, President Obama began the health care reform process, basing reform on a plan first formulated in 1992 by …
Definition of insanity
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it