September might prove a pivotal month when it comes to the quality of Carson City’s future. Small actions and decisions with big consequences are imminent regarding culture and its interaction with business and government. Perhaps for you, art and culture are in a different category. But artisans, craftpersons, musicians and theatrical people who produce things can tell you differently. They are in business and often seek business or government as partners. It’s a competitive arena and many of them have day jobs, but their ways of adding value — though slower, say, than industry’s — can enrich lives and move …
Scene in Passing: Art for art’s sake? Or for commerce, etc.?
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend