Life brings treasure only on occasion, particularly if you look for it just as coin of the realm. It is people who make up true treasure, though at times people in general can fall into another category identified by French existentialist Jean Paul Sartre. In Sartre’s short play “No Exit,” the basic message is that hell is other people. Of course, the opposite then is true as well; heaven is other people. You know them as true friends. This morning one of my truest friends is in Carson City for his first visit to this wondrous community and region. He …
Scene In Passing:
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend