Just as August is a month of languor in the summer sun, September is enervating and stokes frenetic our efforts to prepare for wintry blasts. So it is once again on the cusp of autumn in these Northern Nevada parts, as in much of these fitfully United States across both east and west. Lazy days are behind us, the need for a full pantry is on the horizon; never mind that this no longer is a rural world and refrigerators offer cold storage nearly without end. Our pace quickens anyway. So it is with people, their activities and their governments. …
Scene in Passing: Ghosts of eminence and imminence stalk streets & meeting rooms of Carson City
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts