The Legislative Counsel wants to know why Nevada’s 150th birthday plates are being made in Oregon, in violation of state law. The Department of Motor Vehicles’ director replies that although they’re being manufactured in Portland, they’re being “produced” in Nevada. Nevada law in NRS482.267 states, “The director shall utilize the facility for the production of license plates which is located at the Department of Corrections to produce all license plates required by the Department of Motor Vehicles.” The dark-blue plates with the “Battle Born” insignia and embossed letters are being made by Irwin Hodson Co. of Portland because DMV officials …
License plate production spurs questions
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts