Nevada added 11,200 jobs in August, marking the largest monthly increase in eight years. At the same time, the unemployment rate held steady at 9.5 percent. “After all of the monthly ups and downs, we appear to be on track to add approximately 20,000 jobs in 2013 on top of the combined 30,000 created in 2011 and 2012,” said Gov. Brian Sandoval. The majority of those jobs, however, came from the hospitality industry adding back workers. The increase follows the loss of 10,200 jobs just a month earlier. Because of that large swing, economist Bill Anderson of the Department of …
State adds 11,200 jobs in August
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?