Our family’s 1964 trip westward continued one early morning in July from Reno. If you look up the history of Donner Pass, you’ll find that was when they were widening Interstate 80. Guess who sat waiting for long periods of time during this construction? Coming over other mountain passes during our trip’s earlier days, I didn’t look down; I just closed my eyes. I’m terrified of heights. Waiting for 10 minutes or longer while equipment worked, all I could see was hundreds of feet of empty space beside the narrowed construction area. This had this mother of five in a …
California at last
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014