“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” Martin Luther King, Jr. Ever since President Obama decided to take action against Syria over its chemical weapons attacks, Republicans haven’t known which way to turn. They’ve never met a war they didn’t love, but as long as Obama wanted to launch a military strike against Syria, they had to oppose it. Now that Russian president Putin may have brokered a solution, they are back in their comfort zone, criticizing the president for …
The ultimate measure of a man
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations