City government can’t do anything about The Ormsby House and the hotel may open next year as a new community focal point, a Chamber of Commerce luncheon audience was told Tuesday. Supervisor Brad Bonkowski said the city hasn’t got involved in the hotel-rehabilitation process in progress for about a decade because private property is involved. Ronni Hannaman, chamber executive director, divulged the target opening date as next October, to coincide with the sesquicentennial Nevada Day celebration, yet hedged that prediction while saying the hotel will be “magnificent if and when it is ever finished.” Both were responding to an audience …
Ormsby House could open next year
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend