Let students continue to express uniqueness I am opposed to the idea that my child must wear a school uniform at a public elementary school. As most students are excited for fall to begin and a new school year on the rise, it wasn’t the case for my family this year. Once the education office opened, we found out that it was mandatory for her to wear a uniform at a public elementary school. I did my parental duty and purchased the famous uniform: polos, slacks, and cardigan. Even though my child wasn’t thrilled to say the least. But it …
Letters to the editor for Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it