Republicans compromised; Democrats turned them down On Sept. 20, the House passed a continuing resolution that would fully fund the government (including things that Republicans don’t like) while at the same time defund Obamacare. The House Republicans compromised. On Sept. 27, Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats refused to compromise to avoid a government shutdown. On Sept. 28, the House again compromised by agreeing to fund Obamacare, so long as the delays granted to special interests, big business, labor unions and Congress and their staffs were also granted to everyone. On Sept. 30, Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats voted …
Letters to the editor for Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014