Democrats ignore toll of long-term spending In response to Rich Dunn, the 10-year, $40 billion cut in the bloated food stamp program the Republicans have put forth is not even a drop in the bucket. We are spending $1.4 trillion more each year than we take in. The Democrats have always enjoyed writing checks but forget to look at the check register. Entitlement programs must be severely cut back. We have simply outspent ourselves and the clock is ticking. Timothy Geithner, Obama’s former treasury secretary, said it best: “In 10 years the interest payments on our debt and social security …
Letters to the editor for Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend