Smaller towns offer more for young people than Carson City I want to address an issue that I find the importance to be talked about: activities or places for teenagers to hang out. Carson City has bars and casinos, but for a teenager on a Friday or Saturday night, there is nothing. There are plenty of museums to check out, but if you’ve lived here, you’ve probably seen them already. Maybe a youth club should be opened. I stayed in Austin, Nevada for a summer a couple of years ago, and it had a youth club for all ages. They …
Letters to the editor for Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations