Helium shortfall just a ploy to increase profits Helium is a naturally occurring gas that can be processed and compressed in quantity. It is used in a wide array of industries as a necessary component of their manufacture or service. This resource has for decades been in ample supply, and anyone with need could purchase it. Now it is reported in short supply and difficult to come by — as if a controlled substance. You may ask: why? Until recently, the federal government held stock piles or in some other way stabilized the supply. When they relinquished this, control reverted …
Letters to the editor for Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts