Three of the four people accused of murdering Nevada Chief Insurance Examiner William McCune have entered plea agreements. Makyla Blackmore, 20, Anthony Elliott, 20, Raul Garcia, 22, and Michael Evans, 23, were originally all charged with the open murder of McCune, 62, of Carson City. Now only Garcia remains undecided in the case. He was scheduled for a hearing Thursday, but it was continued, with his lawyer requesting more time to review the discovery evidence with his client before deciding to go to trial or also take a plea bargain. District Attorney Neil Rombardo could have sought the death penalty …
Three of 4 enter pleas in murder of McCune
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts