Shutdown, reactions to it are shameful People are whining about the government shutdown, blaming the party across the aisle. The sheer volume of stupidity is mind numbing. The best quotes I’ve heard regarding the current governmental situation came from a person who doesn’t live in this country and a child who asked what everyone was talking about: “So what is happening is two groups of people refuse to compromise, and as a result your government is shutdown? Can that actually happen?” — a colleague from Portugal. “If we are supposed to share, why can’t grown-ups?” — an obviously wise 8 …
Letters to the editor for Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it