“Waaaaa! You’re not playing fair!” “Waaaaa! You’re going to bankrupt America!” “Waaaaa! You guys started it!” The crybabies in Washington are at it again. Arguing, name-calling and throwing heated rhetoric around like “extortion” and “blow the whole thing up,” our so-called leaders are acting like out-of-control little kids in a sandbox. They haven’t begun hitting each other over the head with chairs or waving weapons around on the Senate floor, but give them time. It’s government by tantrum again. It’s government by threat and scare tactic and selective shutdown of federal programs. It’s government by and for the people in …
Government by tantrum
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?