Today’s GOP a mockery of yesteryear’s greats Hear ye! Hear ye! Abandon ship all sane Republicans. Today’s GOP, hijacked by the wacko Tea Party, financed by selfish plutocrats like the Koch brothers, and led astray by inane Sen. Cruz, is sabotaging democracy to make America an oligarchy. Past great GOP statesmen (Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, Eisenhower) are rolling in their graves. Lincoln fought to make all men equal. T. Roosevelt called for trust busting and progressive reforms for the common citizen. Eisenhower defended labor laws, built interstate highways (socialism) and funded education. Even Reagan raised taxes many times. But now, so-called …
Letters to the editor for Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts