A growing number of Clark County local officials have been claiming Washoe County is getting a disproportionate share of highway funds that should be going to Southern Nevada. The poster child for those complaints is the 1,725-foot-long Galena Creek Bridge on Interstate 580 between Reno and Carson City, part of a freeway project totaling well over $500 million. Every time an official from the south complaints, the bridge is mentioned. But according to records presented to the state Board of Transportation on Monday, the perception is inaccurate. In fact, according to Nevada Department of Transportation Director Rudy Malfabon, both Washoe …
Records: Northern Nevada isn’t getting more highway funds
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014