Some in GOP aren’t serving our interests I think we need to ask our congressmen and senators if they represent the people. The Republicans have the “Hastert Rule” which says they will go against any bill which has a majority of Democrats voting for it, regardless of what the bill is. They are voting for the party and not for us. Kind of mindless. We also have Tea Partiers signing pledges to billionaires to not raise taxes. Who runs the government, billionaires or the people’s representatives? When sworn into office, our legislators swear an oath to defend the Constitution and …
Letters to the editor for Friday, Oct. 25, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts