Each summer my indoor geraniums and begonias take a vacation outdoors for a few months. There they thrive in filtered light and bloom all summer. However, each fall I have to abruptly end that vacation to save them from the cold. Before I bring the plants back in, I check them over thoroughly to get rid of pests. My friend Roni recently asked me what to do to her geraniums to rid them of pests before she brought them back indoors. She had some good tactics in mind to reduce summer hitchhikers. She planned to remove the old soil and …
JoAnne Skelly: Geraniums and begonias enjoy summer outside
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations