Reflections and tidbits capture our fancy today, along with two questions, as scenes here and elsewhere keep passing like grains of sand in an hourglass. Carson City’s Board of Supervisors did itself proud in establishing a pristine process for selecting the next city manager. It ought to abrogate bogus assumptions that a small cadre runs the city and each decision is a “done deal” around here. Whether a local, regional or national candidate for the post wins the questionable prize, residents ought to know the hunt was legitimate. The profile of whom to seek and a pay package range have …
Scene in Passing: Several scenes from the shifting sands of time
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?