The name Paul Carter is synonymous with Carson High School wrestling. In 2003, Carter won the 140-pound state championship, and after a successful college career, he came back to the area to teach at Carson Middle School and coach football and wrestling at Carson. After five years of assisting Tim McCarthy with the varsity program, Carter was recently named head coach. McCarthy has agreed to stay on at least for the 2013-14 season as an assistant coach. Carter inherits a team that has won five consecutive Sierra League titles and won the regional title in 2012. In that five-year span, …
Familiar face is the new Carson wrestling leader
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?