More than 1,000 people turned out for the Carson Nugget’s annual free Thanksgiving Dinner feast. Fully 40 minutes after the doors opened to the first guests, the line still stretched long down the hallway from the convention center. General manager Star Anderson said the guests come from all levels of society and every age group, from the needy and homeless to seniors to college-aged students to families with a half-dozen children. Some are down on their luck; others, she said, don’t have family in the area and just want some company on the holiday. Some, such as two senior women, …
Diners line up for Thanksgiving feast
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it