Shutdown the result of jockeying for power I am not one to really care about what a president says or does, as he can be overturned by the Congress on anything. My focus is on our representatives; they are the decision makers! With all the carp going on about the government shutdown and the Republicans being the ones to blame, I decided to check through congressional records and proposals, something it appears the mass media does not seem inclined to do, nor does the general public (low information voters). Sure, there was some posturing, but both parties were refusing to …
Letters to the editor for Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts