The Carson Search and Rescue team found a man stranded on McClellan Peak about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday. The call went out to the volunteer team about 2 p.m. after the Incline Village man’s car got stuck in the icy conditions when he went off-roading off from Goni Road. The SAR team used the global positioning system on the man’s cell phone to pinpoint his location, said Bill Fergus, vice commander for the SAR team. He was unhurt, Fergus said. “We were working in very icy conditions,” Fergus said. “The subject is safe, but his vehicle will be stranded.” Three crews …
Incline man stranded on McClellan Peak rescued
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts