Tucked into the Carson City governing board’s first 2014 meeting was the routine, though not exactly, appointment of five citizens to a Utility Finance Oversight Committee. It was routine only in that those appointed were being rubber-stamped by the full Board of Supervisors. Each member of the board found one committee member. The individuals already had been named. For the record, they are Mike Bennett, named by Mayor Robert Crowell; Andrea (Ande) Engleman, by Supervisor Karen Abowd; Mark Rotter, by Supervisor Brad Bonkowski; Bruce Scott, by Supervisor John McKenna; and Mark Turner, by Supervisor Jim Shirk. Engleman and Scott were …
Scene in Passing: Carson City utility policy memory unit forms
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014