Inmate deaths not a cause for concern I read in the paper on Dec. 19 an article expressing concern because 33 Nevada prison inmates have died so far this year. I would suggest this number should not be considered problematic. There are over 14,000 inmates in the Nevada Department of Corrections, the size of a small town, with “residents” of all ages. A certain number of deaths can be expected from a population of this size. Other things unique to prisons add to the total. There are inmates suffering from self-destructive mental disorders that are frequently the cause of their …
Letters to the editor for Friday, Jan. 10, 2014
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts