A friend who was once my boss died in a bizarre accident early this year. Her name was Jennie Robak. She was a political and governmental news source in Nebraska’s Unicameral legislature before she became a friend and boss. The late state Sen. Robak, who was a decade older than me, died after she was run over in a vehicle-pedestrian accident while walking in a supermarket parking lot on Jan. 3. The vehicle was backing up when it hit her. We kept in contact after she lost her unicameral seat, though that diminished some after I moved to Nevada. She …
Scene In Passing: City’s form of government true to form
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?