Belief in freedom isn’t tied to political party I can’t be the only reader to wonder why Peter Hennessey’s advertisement for the Carson City Republican Central Committee was published as a letter to the editor. You can’t blame him for trying, but the Appeal publishing a hard sell pitch like that on the opinion page seemed a bit odd to say the least. I am an active Democrat, but unlike Mr. Hennessey, I would never suggest that only my political party believes in freedom. This is America, after all. Both Democrats and Republicans are passionate about freedom, and many of …
Letters to the editor for Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts