I’m quite impressed with our recent spring weather. It is such a delight in the middle of winter. The ice has finally melted at my house. My entry walk is no longer a hazardous skating rink. As I was heading back to work after lunch today, I found myself wondering when the first call would come in asking, “Is it too early to plant tomatoes?” While this may sound absurd to many gardeners conditioned to the crazy climate of Northern Nevada, there always seems to be a new person or two who think this mild weather is normal for winter …
JoAnne Skelly: It’s warm, but resist the urge to plant this early
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?