Medical marijuana is now a hot-pot issue, reminiscent of the proverbial hot-potato references of yore, but angst involved is mostly overblown. Like a hot potato, hot pot for medicinal purposes has become a jurisdictional jumping bean few seem overjoyed to tackle in governmental circles. It displays weaknesses and strengths in the nation’s federal system. Federal authorities turn a blind eye for now. States make their own determinations. Localities deal with the consequences because that’s where the rubber meets the road. Carson City is no exception. District Attorney Neil Rombardo dealt with some pertinent issues Thursday, including a key one involving …
Scene In Passing: Hot-pot issue is governmental hot potato
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it