Tobacco tax column wasn’t based on facts Chuck Muth’s Jan. 2 op-ed “Tobacco Tax Isn’t the Right Way to Pay for Pre-K” was based on incorrect assumptions about new bipartisan legislation that would be tremendously beneficial for Nevada families. First, the Strong Start for America’s Children Act does not use tobacco sales to fund a new state-federal preschool partnership. It is up to Congress to determine how to pay for the partnership, which will enable states to create and strengthen participation in quality preschools. Second, the federal government will pay 90 percent of the cost the first year, and split …
Letters to the editor for Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014