Newspapers’ role is vital in a free nation Hometown newspaper reporters are messengers who gather the news, local and national, bring it back for publication to keep the people informed through the local press. Their concern, what they bring back, is what the people want and need to know. They are truth seekers, finders and analysts, making sure it is the truth before it goes for publication. They are always looking out from the windows of life to gather new events and happenings to keep the people informed. They try to cover everything. Sounds impossible, but they try. They help …
Letters to the editor for Friday, Jan. 24, 2014
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend