The woman accused of mayhem for the injuries she inflicted on another woman in a 2011 fight in Carson City has been sentenced to at least three years in prison. Brandi Mary Chapin pleaded no contest Tuesday to the charge, describing the Dec. 30, 2011, incident as “a very bad fight.” She apologized but added that “I did not do everything I’ve been accused of.” The victim suffered serious harm, including to her genitals, that required immediate surgery. “The fight that happened was brutal and resulted in substantial bodily harm,” said Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger. Chapin’s lawyer, Kay Ellen …
Carson woman gets at least 3 years in mayhem attack
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend