RENO — Sen. Dean Heller says there is a list of things that keep him awake at night: global issues such as the economy, debt and the nation’s lack of a growth strategy, and specifics such as the potential listing of the sage grouse and the spread of Internet gaming. In a wide-ranging interview with the Nevada Appeal, Heller said the two major parties have differences on issues including unemployment insurance benefits extensions and restoration of cost-of-living raises for veterans, but “not differences big enough we can’t get this thing done.” He’s less confident about big issues such as tax …
Heller says Senate can overcome differences
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts