A funeral Mass for long-time Gardnerville resident Mary Slocum, 87, is 10 a.m. Tuesday, at St. Gall Catholic Church in Gardnerville. The Rev. Bill Nadeau will preside.
June 28, 2003
She was a delegate to the National Republican Convention in Detroit, Michigan, in 1980. Mary also served as president of the Barton Hospital Auxiliary and president of Our Lady of Tahoe Society.
She was a long time active member of St. Gall Catholic Church and was the former treasurer of St. Gall Alter Society. Slocum was a member of the Lake Tahoe Women’s Club and served as a recording secretary in 1970 and 1971. In 1972, she was elected president and served until 1973.
Mrs. Slocum is survived by her husband, William J., of Sacramento; a daughter and son in law, Susan and Pete A. Price of Eldorado Hills, Calif.; four grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
Rosary service will be 7 p.m. Monday in St. Gall Catholic Church.
Burial is at Garden Cemetery in Gardnerville. Memorials can be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, 705 S. Wells Ave., Suite 225, Reno, NV, 89502. Arrangements by Walton’s Douglas Mortuary in Minden.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City