May 27, 2005
• Wild West Tour along the Kit Carson Trail in Carson City. Themed “Carnival,” the tour features small town vendors, snake oil salesmen, strong men and The Nevada Gunfighters. Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Nevada State Museum and leave every 30 minutes. Cost $15 adults, $10 children 6-12. Call 687-7410.
• Spring Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Health Awareness Fair, 10 a.m. at Eagle Fitness, 3246 N. Carson St., No. 119. Families welcome for a fun workout with Ronald McDonald; prizes for all participants. Call 882-8686.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features “Salute to Indy” and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• “The Songs of Sinatra,” presented at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., performed by Frank Carabetta and his combo. A fund-raiser for the Carson City Meals on Wheels program and Community Counseling Center. Tickets $12 general; $10 seniors and children 11-younger. Call 887-2290, ext. 101.
• Memorial Day Parade at noon down C Street in Virginia City, “Celebration of Heroes Parade.” Call 847-0311.
Recommended Stories For You
• Sierra Riders’ Open Horse Show, 8 a.m. at Douglas County Fairgrounds Arena, 922 Dump Road, Gardnerville, presented by 4-H. Entry $6 per class day of event; several categories and classes. Call 782-9960 or 265-7785.
• Al Jarreau performs at 8 p.m. at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Rose Ballroom, Sparks. Tickets $37 and $42; call 356-3300.
• Memorial Weekend Motorcycle Jamboree at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden on Saturday and Sunday. Call Warner Fletcher, 265-9483.
• 25th anniversary celebration at the Nevada State Railroad Museum. Includes Ride the Rails from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday, lecture, demonstrations, exhibits and living history. Admission $4 adults, $3 seniors, children 17-younger free. Call 687-6953.
• Roberts House Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday at 1207 N. Carson St. Includes antiques, art, collectibles, coins, vintage jewelry and glass, pictures, books and more. Call 887-8865.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Hotel California performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• 28th annual Escarabajo Dune Buggy Club Road Rally in Virginia City through Sunday. Call 847-0311.
• “The Songs of Sinatra,” presented at 2 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., performed by Frank Carabetta and his combo. A fund-raiser for the Carson City Meals on Wheels program and Community Counseling Center. Tickets $12 general; $10 seniors and children 11-younger. Call 887-2290, ext. 101.
• Fleet Reserve Association Branch and Unit 274, High Sierra Reno, annual Memorial Day picnic and services, 11 a.m. at Rock Park, Sparks. All active-duty, retired military, widows and shipmates welcome to attend. Wreath ceremony at 1 p.m. Call Virgil Courneya at 882-9201.
• Memorial Day ceremony honoring service men and women at 1 p.m. in Lone Mountain Cemetery, 1044 Beverly Drive. Call 887-2111 or 887-2262.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover