June 24, 2005
• Employees of Greater Nevada Huge Yard Sale, 8 a.m. at 909 W. Musser St. Variety of clothing and items; proceeds donated to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. Call 886-1454.
• Free seminar on Growing Grapes and Berries in Nevada, 9 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• Parent Ride-along for Carson City Summer Bus program “Kids on the Go,” 10 a.m. to noon at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Call Kristie Traver at 882-8820.
• Barbie Doll exhibit, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-8982.
• Roberts House Museum Tea, 10:30 a.m. at 1207 N. Carson St. Cost $12 per person includes tour of museum and breakfast items and other goodies. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Books and Butterflies Summer Celebration, a free program from 1-2 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 244.
Recommended Stories For You
• Benefit concert and World Record Brick Breaking attempt from 1-5 p.m. featuring Wicker Box and Cheaters bands at Nevada Fitness, 829 Fairview Drive. For Daniel Morrison, a young boy with cancer. Features Dan Horrigan attempting to break 600 bricks in 60 seconds (3 p.m.); poker run at 9 a.m. at Harley-Davidson, $30 entry; Straight Blast Gym Cage Fighters and more; 8 p.m. concert with Wicker Box at T’s Tavern, 3679 S. Carson St. Call 885-1871.
• Eagle Valley Children’s Home Open House, 2-4 p.m. at 2300 Eagle Valley Ranch Road. Open to the public; refreshments served. Call 882-1188.
• DanceSpirit presents “Break the Floor,” shows at 2 and 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call Sandi Scheer at 884-1066.
• Battle of the Bands, 4-10 p.m. at Cornerstone Music/Connected, 900 Mallory Way. Cover charge $5; Call 841-1119.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Western Modified Shootout and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Chris Proctor performs at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $15 general, $12 members, students and seniors. Call 883-1976.
• Wings of Change, aviation open house at the Minden-Tahoe Airport. For information contact Jim Braswell at 782-9871.
• Wings of Change Teen Dance, 7-10 p.m. for grades 6-9 at the Douglas County Airport in a hangar. Costs $5 at the door; call 782-9828.
• 4-H Sierra Riders Open Horse Show, 8 a.m. at Douglas County Fairgrounds Arena, 922 Dump Road, Gardnerville. All riders welcome; entries $6 per class day of show. Call 782-9960 or 265-7785.
• Reno Rodeo at the Reno Livestock and Events Center, Reno through Saturday. Features drill team competitions, barrel racing, steer wrestling, roping, team roping, cutting horse competition, bull riding and saddle bronc riding. Call (800) 225-2277.
• Backyard Bird Feeder workshop for kids, 10 a.m. to noon at Washoe Lake State Park. Meet at Equestrian Group Area; $4 vehicle charge to enter park. Call 687-4319.
• Northern Nevada Gaited Horse Club activities, 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at Carson City Fairgrounds Front Arena. Call Brenda Foley at 883-0729.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Thursday. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• 10th annual Great Eldorado Barbecue, Brews and Blues Fest, downtown Reno. Festival package $20 per person; call 786-5700.
• “Night Pieces,” A Look at the World We Leave Behind When We Go Home at Night, a Philippe Mazaud photography exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through July 29. Call 687-6680.
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Third annual Spaghetti Feed and Raffle, 3-7 p.m. at Break-A-Heart Saloon, corner of Highway 50 East and Apache Drive, Stagecoach. Call 629-0713.
• “Smokey Joe’s Cafe – The Songs of Leiber and Stoller,” returns to the Eldorado Showroom through Sept. 4. Tickets $30.95; call 786-5700.
• American Cancer Society Relay for Life team car wash, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Grocery Outlet, 1831 N. Carson St. Minimum donation $5 per car; call 884-3252.
• Nevada Mammogram Van fund-raiser, barbecue and music from 2-6 p.m. at 4150 Meadow Wood Road, Carson City. Also door prizes. Honorary chairwoman, Dema Guinn. Donation $20 per person; call 883-6313 or 841-6543.
• Douglas Animal Welfare Group/Douglas County Animal Shelter rabies vaccination and pet microchip clinic, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the shelter, 921 Pinenut Road. Vaccination $15 per animal; microchips $30 per animal. Call 267-7325.
• High Desert Horsemen Ride/Drive, 10 a.m. at Ft. Churchill. Free spaghetti lunch after ride. Check Web site http://www.hdhorsemen.org or call Margy Hamilton at 629-0807.
• Angel Kiss Foundation first-ever White Water Race and Jazz Festival, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Wingfield Park, Reno. Call 323-7721 or (888) 589-KISS.
• 24th annual Pizen Switch Roundup, 9 a.m. at West Walker River Resort, open to the public. A social function for fun, relaxation and games, includes 1 p.m. potluck. Call Katie Buchanan at 267-1770.