Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to GE Energy for generous donation
March 23, 2014
The Nevada GEMS Site would like to thank GE Energy for its generous donation of $1,000 on Feb. 1. The donation is very much appreciated and will be used to sustain the 100 science kits the Nevada GEMS Site maintains and checks out to teachers and classrooms across Northern Nevada to support the teaching of mathematics and science in Nevada.
We would also like to thank Holly Spires of GE Energy, who advised and graciously assisted us in applying for this grant.
The Nevada GEMS Site is an educational nonprofit, consisting of local teachers of science who volunteer their time and expertise to provide professional development and curriculum support to other K-8 teachers of science. This grant will assure GEMS science and mathematics kits are available for students and teachers in Northern Nevada.
Nevada GEMS site director
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake