Letters to the editor for Friday, Aug. 23, 2013
August 23, 2013
Owner didn't deserve to lose beloved dog
I am writing on behalf of a dog who was euthanized because of hard times. There are always solutions to situations, and this could have been solved differently.
The animal shelter has a hard job to do; however, this dog was not running loose — his license only expired.
He was a victim.
If you are an animal lover or not, being able to justify taking a dog's life because owners are having troubles in these hard times was wrong. The dog did not deserve this outcome. Very sad!
Trending In: Opinion
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty