Letters to the editor for Saturday, April 22, 2017
April 21, 2017
Respecting Trump is not required
In response to the letter of D. Marie Bresch of April 12, your "motherly" opinion of me is respected although not accurate indeed.
We are all entitled to our opinions. It seems we are all guilty of labeling. Enough already!
Your letter parrots mine, only the names of the presidents were reversed. Obama was not my president (I did not vote for him).
Why live in the past? We have what we have. I do not have to respect the man and be happy with him. That is like asking a person to jump from the old iron skillet into the fire!
I do not agree with most of his policies. He is our leader but I do not want to be a sheep!
Phyllis E. Skamel
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- Ron Bliss: New policy is breath of fresh air for those who don’t get subsidies
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Sam Bauman: ‘Megan Leavey’ an excellent movie of dog and handler
- SILVER DOLLARS AND WOODEN NICKELS: We were cruisin’ in Carson City