Letters to the editor for Saturday, June 14, 2014
June 14, 2014
President needs to be held accountable
President Obama has done it again. He has bypassed Congress and broken the law. He swapped five deadly terrorists for one American soldier who may be a deserter and Taliban sympathizer.
Obama did not really want Bergdahl back. He wanted five major Taliban terrorists back in the game. Bergdahl has been with the Taliban for five years, and Obama could not give Congress 30 days notice.
America, better wake up to what is going on with this administration.
Laurence C. Pederson
Repeal medical marijuana law
Senate Bill 374 of 2013 medical marijuana needs to be repealed. It is nothing more than to make it legal for a drug addicted person to get the drug legally. It is a weed. That can cause lung cancer. Oh, by the way, Gov. Sandoval signed the bill into law.
Charles L. Sheldon
Trending In: Opinion
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary