Letters to the editor for Thursday, April 23, 2015
April 23, 2015
Legislature doesn't care about middle class
This Legislature doesn't care about middle class Nevadans. It doesn't care about developing a government that works effectively for the middle class. It doesn't care about treating public servants fairly. It doesn't care about saving the taxpayer money (although it claims to). It doesn't care if you think corporate welfare is outrageous. It doesn't care that its adherence to the ideology of unregulated business could lead to your death by tainted food, tainted water or tainted drugs. It doesn't care if you and your family have access to affordable health care. It doesn't care if your children are burdened with massive student debt. It doesn't care if you can never afford to retire with dignity.
This lack of caring about the middle class is what you now get when you vote Republican. The 2015 Nevada Legislature exemplifies the dogma of corporate supremacy, as marketed by the Wall Street-backed, corporate-funded "bill mill" known as ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council).
ALEC and its pet legislators care only about promoting an ideology that says all government is bad, public servants should be despised, and the middle class should be sacrificed to Wall Street gods on the altar of corporate profits.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City