Letters to the editor for Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016
November 9, 2016
Flag etiquette lacking at Nevada Day Parade
I served in the United States Women's Corp. (I was a WAC). In training you are taught from henceforth you stand and salute when the American flag passes by in parades, etc. I do this.
In the past several years and twice in the recent Nevada Day Parade, our American flag was flanked with a foreign flag. This is unlawful as it is against the rules of our flag.
Plus, I highly resent saluting a foreign flag. I am asking that the Nevada Day Parade Committee correct this for the future. I want to freely and proudly salute our flag of the United States of America.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake